Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What time is it?

"Time is running out," "it's time to go," "I don't have time for this," "what a waste of time," "do that on your own time, not mine" ...

I have no idea what time actually is, but I never seem to have enough of it, it never seems to be the right time, and I seem to fall into all of life's stressful times before my time. Time is a word with many definitions, but none of those definitions really say all there is to say about a word like time. Time is a spiral: words on a page turning over and over from cover to cover and back to the cover and it seems to never end. Time is the absolute extent of human life (because the afterlife must be something we can't experience as humans): a timeline with a beginning and an end with many stops in between. Time is so difficult a concept to grasp that I wonder if it's possible to spend my time wisely. Am I wasting my time contemplating time? Do I have time for this? What time is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment