Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Cranes, I'm Sorry, but You're Fired

The cranes were late this year. If you live in Kearney, Nebraska, the tardiness of these cranes may have put you in the same awkward situation that I'm in. Next week, I'm supposed to be in class and at crane events at the same time on at least three different days. I can sympathize with the cranes complaints about the long, cold winter; however, my schedule is a nightmare now because they did not make it here on time...and I decided to take 19 credits this semester...and I work part time...and UNK's Language and Literature Conference is this week...

Despite the crazy schedule I've thrown myself into, I can't get away with being a week late, so I would like to fire the cranes. Am I being ridiculous? Absolutely, but why not? Next year, I might attend events for the migration of monarch butterflies, or hitch a ride with scientists to follow the whale migration...actually I will probably just watch programs about these events on PBS. That's right - no cable. When would I have time to watch it?

2 comments:

  1. Haha o yeah, always on the go. Follow whale migration huh..PBS rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cranes always remind me of the pterodactyls from the BBC series Primeval.

    ReplyDelete