Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Network

While watching the movie Network, I was really struck by the fact that many people on news shows really are T.V. personalities more than reporters. For example, I think it would be hard for most people to argue if I said Katie Couric is a hard hitting reporter and she plays one on T.V. Even the death of Nebraska's own Bob Geiger created a celebrity-style buzz my senior year of high school. That's right. High school students spent most of the day telling each other how sad it was that the weatherman they used to watch was now dead. I didn't grow up in Nebraska, so I couldn't really relate to the Bob Geiger weatherman-fan club, but this reaction to his death shows how even local news reporters can become news personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment