Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Puppies and Pepper Spray on a Friday Night

A few days ago, I was walking home from class like I always do. I was nearly home when a white SUV drove by, made a U-turn at the end of the block, and came to a stop right next to me.

The young male driver asked if I wanted a ride.

Like any sensible young woman, I said "No thanks," and continued walking. The driver didn't persist, and before long I saw my boyfriend's truck in the driveway, so I didn't think much of it.

Tonight, the same vehicle - at least I think it was the same one - saw me walking my dogs. I was on the same block, in about the same spot as I had been the day the driver of a white SUV asked if I wanted a ride.



The vehicle circled the block, and I continued walking beyond my destination until I was sure that I wasn't being followed.



I reached my house after a roundabout walk that my dogs thouroughly enjoyed and I quickly unlocked my door, ran inside (dragging my dogs), and re-locked the door.



My head was spinning with thoughts of work and homework and "What the Hell is going on?"



After quickly text-consulting my boyfriend - Damn him for being out of town! - and all the friends I talk to when my brain is too mixed up to put two and two together, I googled Kearney's police department on my phone, selected the phone number, and made the call.



I'm sitting at home with my dogs and my pepper spray waiting for a policeman to come interview me...

No comments:

Post a Comment